You have read the spell, gathered all the ingredients, even memorised the words and the steps. You have watched for the proper time and day, even paid attention to the Planets positions. You have put everything on the spell, really everything, but! It hasn’t worked…No signs, no results, no…nothing! Why has this happened? Is it the spell or you? Have you done something wrong? Let’s take things from the beginning and see some truths…
First of all, magick works every time! It really does! There are points that can make it work more slowly than expected, things that can put boundaries, but it is sure to work every time! There are some questions you have to consider when a spell doesn’t work…
- Clear intentions: Intention in magick is the A and Ω of everything. Clear up your mind, think of what you need exactly, find the correct exact words to frame your intention. If you say, for example “I need money”, without setting what you are ready to do about it, how you want to gain money, when you want it, what for, etc, then it is a bit vague, isn’t it! Intentions are usually better to set in Affirmations. Use only Present Tense and only Positive words, eg “I am ready to gain …$ this week through my work to do…” It all starts in the mind. The clearer your intention is, the better magick will work, because we create what we think about. Thoughts carry energy just like words and actions, so do not underestimate this tool of yours.
- The right spell/magickal working: Since you have set up your intentions, take a look at the spell. Is it the right one for you? Does it cover your needs? Are there any parts you don’t like or feel wrong to you? It is ok to disagree with sokmething, since all spells are more or less personal and there are no authenticities in the domain. Your intuition will tell you exactly what is right and what is not. Especially if the spell is created by someone else, pay extra attention to your own feelings.
- Take notes: Note down everything about before, during and after the spell. This way you will be able to create your own spell-guide, find out things that could be better, things that need to remain the same and things that need to change. This reference guide will help you through your progress in magick!
- The right Timing: Well, if it isn’t the right time for you to have something, you won’t, simple as that! Have trust in the Divine and the Universal Powers, your Guides who know best when it is time for you to have something, if at all! If you you to push things,, what you have asked for may come, but it usually turns up to be -at least- less than what you were hoping for. The first spell I had ever made -surprise!- was a love spell. I had let it all to my guides. I had just asked for the best match for me iat the right time. It took me five years to find him, but I did. ANd he is the best match and it was at the right time. I could have met him thouands of times before, as it turned out that we went for holidays at the same places in the same period, we liked the same places to go out etc, but if this had happened, it wouldn’t have lasted, as the timing would be all wrong. I can say that now, that I know how things went…So, be patient! Meanwhile, take what lessons life has to offer you and have fun! I know that love isn’t as urgent, some would say, as money for the rent. In that case, be precise, be exact.
- Positivity: Stay positive and hopeful! If you start doubting yourself or your workings, then you add negative energy to it. Every day, every moment you think about yourself, smile and think happy thoughts! It is amazing what positivity can do and how long a way can it go!
- Free-Will: If your working is about to hurt someone or interfere with their free-will, it may not work. And it is better for it to not work, since going against others’ free-will can have some not-so-good effects on you. After all, what goes out comes back, most of the times stronger.
- Keep Silent: This is another very important thing. After you do your workings, keep it to yourself. You don’t want others’ energies mingling with yours, do you!
- Signs: It is really rare for someone to come and tell you “Hey! I am here to inform you that your magickal workings were a success!”. Most probably you will start noticing little things, small changes…Again with my personal example, I got to better know what I was asking for and what I couldn’t tolerate. I stopped wasting time with people I knew weren’t the right ones. There could even be signs that something needs to change in your working. Oh! And do not doubt that the song you noticed in the morning or that writing on the wall, really carried a message for you!
- Exhaustion/Illness: If you are tired or sick, do not work magick. Your energy levels won’t be at their maximum and this could affect the working and -most importantly- yourself. We first care about our well-being and then about anything else.
- Mundane Means: Magick should be our last resort. We first have to try any physical way we have, because this is how we learn our lessons. You have a nasty neighbour? Before trying to “bind their energy” so that they won’t harm you, have you tried to talk to them? Have you tried to look for a job to get more money, before asking for money to magickally appear? Have you tried to talk to your other half, before making that spell that would make them understand you? Magick isn’t there to help you bind the one who doesn’t return your love, take the job out of 100 other worthy appliants or give you thousands of Dollars/Euros/whatever out of the blue! It can do that, alright, but this would be going against free-will…People ofteny ask me about getting a job. Instead of trying to destroy all others’ opportunity to get the job, boost yourself! Boost your qualities, your speech abilities, your interview advantages! If the job is right for you, you will get it! If you try the first option, eliminating antagonism, you may end up with the job, but it is doubtfull that you will enjoy it!
- Goal-Energy: The bigger the goal, the more energy and time you are going to need. It is one thing to ask for some money, another to ask for the love of your life and a totally different one to ask for world peace…
- Planets, Time and Space: There are calendars that can help you figure out what the right time of day or night are better for achieving your goal and inform you on the Planetary positions and movements. If you manage to combine those things, this will add to your working…If not, don’t worry. Magick works best when we feel it is the right time to do it and when we have no anxiety. Remember, intention is everything!
- Tools and Ingredients: We are going to say more about them specifically, but for the time being, be it sufice to say that tools and ingredients are there to add to the atmosphere, help us get in the mood and enhance the energy! If you can’t find an ingredient, find something that can take its place, or mentally and spiritually connect to its energy…Yes, I know…Intention again! There are witches today that do magick with no tools at all and with no problem at all!
- Correspondences: There are books that can inform you on what you can use for a spell, Deities, oils, stones, herbs etc that match your goal. You can also find a lot in the Internet!
If you ask my personal opinion about those three last points, I must admit that it is always more fun to work magick in front of the Altar, having the proper correspondences and tools, singing my spells in rhyme…I do that as often as I can. But there are times and places when I need magick right then and there and I can’t have anything other than my intention. It has worked perfectly, in all cases, all the time!
So, you have done all this and more, but you still see that your magick isn’t there…This happens. We need to take breaks from time to time, let things work on their own, take some rest. This is only normal. Magick involves our bodies, our minds, our hearts and Souls. And we need to recuperate after hard work…
picture from Google
In Love and Light, always!